Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 4: Good day, sunshine?

I decided to clean out the hall closet today.  I came up with a wonderful organizational plan, where all of the bulky winter coats would be moved to my son's seldom used closet, the gift wrapping materials would be flattened and stored tidily inside one basket, and the excess out-of-season purses and bags would be effectively re-homed in my bedroom storage cubby. What domesticated bliss!

I thought about all of this from the couch. While lying down.  Not moving.  Never even touched that closet's doorknob.

I have redefined what fatigued means.  Yowza.

The mid-afternoon brought a back twist of the vice, releasing enough of the exhaustion to motivate me up and out.  I moseyed to the bench in the front yard to bask in the sunshine of a perfectly gorgeous summer day. Aaaah!  It was nice just to be able to sit outside, toes caressing the grass, to listen to the cicadas and relax.  ::happysigh::

Crazy how much perspective you get on good.


The sunshine prompted me to give my brain a bit of airing out as well.

Fair warning: if you abhor poetry, skip the rest of this entry and I'll see you tomorrow... ;)




Take Your Medicine.




Dose me with new air
Salve me with green grass
Poultice me tight with heavy waves of hazy heat
Wrap me firmly in golden sunlight
And set me by that crooked tree with roots
Beneath my bones to mend.
Roll me to the vegetable garden
To chomp tomato ripe straight from vine
And give me the sticky dram of juicy sweetness
unmeasured by full pulpy seeds.
And I’ll watch the centipedes
Scale, victorious, the bean poles
Foot by foot, on their pursuit of the sky.
So catch me a firefly and then feed me
dusk-hued honeysuckle
From that bush that overflows
the garden gate.
Place that elixir of long summers
On the tip of my tongue
Then tuck me by the berry bush
Bathed softly by pale yellow moon.
And I’ll dream as the stars
From bright perch up above
Keep watch of the ward down below.


6 comments:

  1. Your words are awesome! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! I am brought to tears by your strength. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is great...it makes me feel connected all the way from Pittsburgh. Your attitude is amazing; I'm a firm believer that a bad attitude uses way too much energy, so keep your positive outlook and save that energy!

    Pat...you know...Matt's mom! (thanks for adding the anonymous for the non blogging profileless people like me!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! <3 I'm happy to have you.following along! :)

      Delete
  4. I didn't like being Anonymous. I now have a Google Account!

    ReplyDelete